Virtual side-event in New York on 9 February 2022. Reaching nutritionally vulnerable social groups: the quest for multifaceted policy response
Wednesday February 9th 2022, 8:30-9:45 am EST
The purpose of this side event, organized by the International Council on Social Welfare (ICSW) in cooperation with several international partners is to explore the pre-requisites and core activities necessary to ensure that all individuals and communities, including the most disadvantaged, are food-secure and have access to healthy nutrition. Sustainable pov- erty eradication cannot be achieved without addressing the threats to food and nutrition security and implementing a well-focused set of mutually reinforcing social and economic policies attuned to the national circumstances and implemented in an integrated manner.
The speakers will address the existing challenges, as well as good practices that contribute to shaping the most appropriate models of reaching nutritionally vulnerable social groups.
You can join the event in Zoom: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/85755159724?pwd=RWlEU1pTcnZsKzUvcWVxMmo3QnhqUT09
Meeting ID: 857 5515 9724
Co-organized by The International Council on Social Welfare (ICSW), Korea National Council on Social Welfare (SSN), The International Association of the Schools of Social Work (IASSW), International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and The Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, Finland.
- Dr. Suh Sangmok, ICSW Global President, President of Korea National Council on Social Welfare
- Dr. Sirpa Sarlio, Adjunct Professor in nutrition, Ministerial Adviser, Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, Finland
- Dr. Richemont SEKI, Technical Specialist, Nutrition and Social Inclusion, International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), Headquarters, Rome
- Dr. Enrique Delamonica, Senior Adviser, Division of Data, Analytics, Planning & Monitoring, UNICEF
- Prof. Lynne Healy, IASSW, University of Connecticut, USA
- Prof. Alexandra Mustafa, Federal University of Pernambuco and Iara Nunes, Brazil
- Moderator: Dr. Sergei Zelenev, ICSW Special Representative to the UN in New York